Norfork, with 22,000 surface acres of turquoise water to explore, has ample room for boaters, skiers, and fishermen to enjoy their activities. Twenty-four launch ramps provide access to all areas of the lake. Some ramps require a day use fee, while others offer free launching. Fuel, supplies, and services are available at marinas operated by private concessionaires. No boats may enter within 100 yards of the dam, either upstream (lake) or downstream (river).
Boaters should remember to:
- Wear a Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket.
- Learn and follow navigation rules.
- Obey Missouri and Arkansas state boating laws.
- Make sure the boat is seaworthy.
- Keep the boat load below capacity.
- Have a floatation device on board for each passenger.
- Have a Type 4 throwable device on board and within reach.
- Avoid standing up in a moving boat.
- Watch for obstructions when approaching the shore.
- Slow down when approaching small boats, docks, skiers, or swimmers.
- Check the weather forecast before going out.
- Be courteous to other lake users.