Little Rock District has been serving the area since 1881. Our district boundaries include Southern Missouri and most of Arkansas.
We are part of the U.S. Army’s winning team, with both military and civil missions.
We are your neighbors, your friends, and your family.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is the world’s premier engineering organization. Trained and ready to provide support any time or any place. A full-spectrum engineer force of high quality, dedicated soldiers and civilians.
We exist to support the soldiers, airmen and their families and to develop and maintain the infrastructure in the area. We strive to make a positive impact on the lives of American citizens.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Little Rock District has unmatched experience as a planning, design and construction agency. We have a "can-do" reputation for delivering a quality product on time and within cost.
We are professionals in a wide range of disciplines who provide expertise in many areas. Our dedicated, interdisciplinary staff is capable of addressing all phases of a project from planning and design through completion of construction. Engineering, environmental, real estate, contracting and other needs associated with federal, state and local programs can be met by our capable staff.
- We manage nearly 750,000 acres of public lands and water
- We help preserve water quality through our permit program
- We produce enough electricity yearly at our projects to supply up to 400,000 households
- Our projects have prevented over $2.6 billion in flood damage
- We are a national leader in water-based public recreation
- Our reservoirs store drinking water that supplies numerous communities
- We manage $3.1 billion worth of public infrastructure to include:
- 12 reservoirs
- 13 navigation locks and dams
- 7 hydroelectric power plants
- 146 public parks
- 308 miles of navigation channel