Nimrod Lake provides excellent boating opportunities to include fishing, skiing, tubing, pleasure boating, jet skiing, hunting, and sightseeing. There are 9 boat launch ramps on the lake that are available all year, but require the payment of a day use fee from the first of March through the end of October. Boaters may elect to pay the fee each time they visit or they may purchase an annual day use pass that will be good for a year from the date of purchase. Holders of the America the Beautiful Access or Senior Pass and Golden Access or Golden Age Passports may launch for free by displaying their pass from their rearview mirror.
It is our goal to keep you safe while you participate in water activities so the Corps of Engineers provides life jacket loaner stations at each park gate house. These stations provide various sized life jackets that members of the public may use during their visit and return to the station prior to leaving the area.
Boaters should remember to:
- Learn and follow small craft navigation rules;
- Obey Arkansas state boating laws;
- Make sure their boat is seaworthy;
- Keep the boatload at a minimum;
- Have a floatation device on board for each passenger;
- Avoid standing in a boat;
- Watch for obstructions when approaching the shore;
- Slow down when approaching small boats, docks or skiers;
- Head for shore if bad weather threatens.