Swimming areas are located in Quarry Cove, Carden Point, and Carter Cove Parks. Day use fees are charged for the use of the swim beaches. You may pay each time you visit a beach or you may purchase an annual day use pass that is good for a year from the date of purchase. America the Beautiful Senior and Access Pass holders and Golden Age and Access Pass holders may swim for free by displaying their passes from their rearview mirror.
It is our goal to keep you safe while you participate in water activities so the Corps of Engineers provides life jacket loaner stations at each park gate house. These stations provide various sized life jackets that members of the public may use during their visit and return to the station prior to leaving the area.
Swimmers are reminded to..
- Watch children closely.
- Learn to swim and if you can’t swim, wear a life jacket.
- Swim only at designated beaches.
- Swim in the company of others (use the buddy system).
- Be careful of overestimating your swimming ability because water distances are deceiving.
- Horseplay in the water can result in injuries or even death.