The 1360-acre lake provides and enjoyable experience for the boating enthusiast. Dierks Lake is known for its wonderful bass and crappie fishing. It is also a great place for swimming and skiing. Dierks Lake offers 5 convenient concrete boat ramps with ample parking. The ramps are located in Jefferson Ridge park, Blue Ridge, and just North of the Dam at Jefferson Ridge South .
· Do not overload your boat.
· Boats must not approach closer to the dam than indicated by warning signs or buoy lines.
· If your boat capsizes stay with it and use it as a life preserver.
· Standing in a boat can lead to disaster.
· Head for shore if bad weather threatens.
· Slow down when approaching small boats, docks, skiers, or fishermen.
· Help any boat in distress and if you need help call for it.
· Each boat is required to have an approved personal flotation device for each passenger.