MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. -- The Army Corps of Engineers is hosting Bull Shoals Lake Master Plan scoping workshops Aug. 22-27 to share information about the revision process and to collect public comments concerning potential development and land use management around the lake. Anyone interested in the future development of Bull Shoals Lake is invited to drop in anytime during the workshops.
The master plan guides all use and development of the lake’s public lands and waters for environmental and recreation related purposes.
Scoping Workshop Schedule:
• Aug. 22 - Mountain Home, Ark., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Arkansas State Sheid Center, 1600 S. College Street
• Aug. 23 - Harrison, Ark., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at North Arkansas Community College, Center Campus, 303 North Main
• Aug. 25 - Theodosia, Mo., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lutie School, 5802 U.S. Highway 160
• Aug. 26 - Forsyth, Mo., From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Forsyth Public School Cafeteria, 178 Panther Road
• Aug. 27 - Flippin, Ark., from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Flippin Middle School Cafeteria, 308 North First Street
Workshop attendees can view a short video on the master plan revision process that explains the multiple land classifications around the lake and the difference between a master plan and a shoreline management plan. The video will be playing continuously throughout each workshop. Afterwards, participants can interact with Corps representatives and provide input concerning the master plan revision.
The Corps encourages public input at the workshops or written comments during the public comment period. The comment period is Aug. 11 through Sept. 30. Comments can be mailed to: Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District, ATTN: Dana Coburn, P.O. Box 867, Little Rock, Ark., 72203. Or email your comments to CESWL-BSMasterPlan@usace.army.mil.
More information is available on the Internet at http://go.usa.gov/5Jqx.
Release no. 14-057