US Army Corps of Engineers
Little Rock District

CORPS SCHEDULES TIMBER STAND IMPROVEMENTS AT JFK PARK

Published Dec. 10, 2013
News Release Images

News Release Images

HEBER SPRINGS, Ark. – The Army Corps of Engineers, Greers Ferry Lake Project Office will conduct timber stand improvements in John F. Kennedy Park Dec. 16 through Feb. 28, 2014.  Camp area “D” will be closed until the timber harvest and cleanup is complete.

Timber stand improvement boosts the overall condition of the stand and concentrates wood growth on a number of selected trees. It can also improve wildlife food and habitat as well as appearance and health of the woods.

For more information regarding timber stand improvements call the Greers Ferry Project Office at 501-362-2416, or stop by the office located near the dam on Highway 25, three miles north of Heber Springs.

Recreation information can be found on the Internet at www.swl.usace.army.mil, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/littlerockusace, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/usacelittlerock.
Contact
Jeff Price
501-340-1909

Release no. 13-086