Little Rock District Header Image


Home > Media > News Releases

Bookmark and Share Email Print

Posted 11/13/2017

Release no. 17-198

Jay Woods

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., --The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Little Rock District is seeking public comments on documents related to water supply storage reallocation at Greers Ferry Lake.  The comments period will be open until December 18.

The Little Rock District is conducting this project under the authority of the Water Supply Act of 1958. 

The documents for review are a Draft Water Supply Reallocation Storage Report including the Draft Environmental Assessment and a Draft Finding of No Significant Impact.  The proposed work would cause no significant adverse effects to the human environment, and an Environmental Impact Statement will not be required.         

The documents can be reviewed on the Internet at: or hard-copies can be reviewed at the following locations:

·         Greers Ferry Project Office,  315 Heber Springs Road North, Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543

           Little Rock District Office, 700 West Capitol Avenue, Room 7403, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201. 

Please address comments via email: or via U.S. Mail to Environmental Regional Technical Specialist, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Planning & Environmental Center, Post Office Box 867, Little Rock, AR., 72203-0867 or Chief Economics Section, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Planning & Environmental Center, Tulsa District, 2488 East 81st Street, Tulsa, OK 74137.

This reallocation study is in response to a request for municipal and industrial water supply from Mid-Arkansas Water Alliance (MAWA) made up of nine water utilities in central Arkansas:

1)      Cabot Waterworks;  

2)      Central Arkansas Water; 

3)      Clinton Waterworks;

4)      Community Water System;

5)      Conway Corporation;

6)      Grand Prairie Bayou;

7)      Jacksonville Water Works;

8)      North Pulaski Waterworks; and

9)      City of Ward Waterworks.


Comments must be post marked by December 18, 2017 to become part of the official record.  For more information, call (501) 324-5735 or (918) 669-7196.