For those of you who enjoy watching and only taking pictures of wildlife, Nimrod is a great place to experience the outdoors. Wildlife can be seen during many times of the year and at different locations. Whether you want to find an American Bald Eagle, Monarch Butterfly, song birds, deer, turkey, squirrel, or insects, don’t forget to bring along a good pair of binoculars, spotting scope, or a camera with telephoto lens. Below are a few tips for spotting wildlife.
• Think about the animals’ habitat, which includes food, water, and cover.
• Think about what time of the year it is and what might be migrating.
• Think about the many water sources such as creeks, wildlife ponds, and the lake.
• Remember that usually right after sunrise and right before sunset are the best time to spot wildlife.
• Remember to take only pictures and leave only footprints so someone else might be able to experience the same setting that you have experienced.
• Always remain a safe distance away from wildlife.