Gillham Lake includes 1,370 surface acres of the best bass fishing around. Canoeing and Fly-fishing on the Cossatot River are also very popular sports. The river can be canoed from a point below the dam to U.S. Highway 71 South, a distance of about 16 miles. For shorter canoe trips, there are access roads to the river at Mize Crossing and Ladd Bridge. There are five launch ramps that require a day use fee of $3.00 or you may purchase an Annual Day Use Pass for $30 that is valid for the entire year.
· Do not overload your boat.
· Boats must not approach closer to the dam than indicated by warning signs or buoy lines.
· If your boat capsizes stay with it and use it as a life preserver.
· Standing in a boat can lead to disaster.
· Head for shore if bad weather threatens.
· Slow down when approaching small boats, docks, skiers, or fishermen.
· Help any boat in distress and if you need help call for it.
· Each boat is required to have an approved personal flotation device for each passenger.