Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All

A. We are located just west of the Greers Ferry Dam, behind the William Carl Garner Visitor Center, at 700 Heber Springs Road North, Heber Springs, Arkansas. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.
Mailing Address:
US Army Corps of Engineers
Greers Ferry Lake Project Office
P.O. Box 1088
Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543-1088
(501) 362-2416
Fax: (501) 324-6985

A. There are two types of maps available:
1) A topographical map, used primarily by fishermen and divers, was produced in 1944 prior to the impoundment of the lake. It is available to pick up at the Project Office for $10.00 each, or if you prefer we can mail it to you for an additional $5.66 each.
2) A brochure is also available, which opens up into a color map of Greers Ferry Lake. This is free of charge. Bulk quantities of the map can be obtained at the Project Office for $.20 per map.  Or it can be downloaded from this site.

A. You may call (866) 494-1993, Ext 16 or (501) 362-5150 for a computer generated voice message of the current lake level or visit 

A.  You can make reservations via phone at Recreation One Stop toll free at 1-877-444-6777, or online at You will be required to pay for your entire stay when you make the reservation. 

A.  You can make reservations for picnic shelters via phone at Recreation One Stop toll free at 1-877-444-6777, or online at

A. Yes. A standard day use fee of $5.00 is charged per car, or per launch if you are using our boat launch. All fees must be paid at the automated fee machine located near the gatehouse. Only credit cards are accepted at this machine. For your convenience you may purchase an annual pass for $40.00 that is good until the month purchased of next year.

A. You can contact the Greers Ferry Lake Project Office by writing to P.O. Box 1088, Heber Springs, Arkansas 72543-1088, telephoning 501-362-2416, or e-mailing .

A. Yes. Fishing on Greers Ferry Lake is regulated by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. Information is available at the Arkansas Game & Fish website.

A. You can discover the wide variety of attractions available in the area surrounding Greers Ferry Lake by clicking on the Chamber of Commerce link on the Recreation Activities Page of the Greers Ferry Lake website.

A. Volunteers are always welcome on Greers Ferry Lake. Please check out the Volunteer section on this website.  To see if any volunteer positions or contract park attendant positions are available, please contact the Greers Ferry Project Office at 501-362-2416 or .

A. Yes. If you are planning an event of any type on Greers Ferry Lake waters or public lands, you must submit a Special Events Permit. For more information, you may contact the Project Office at 501-362-2416 or . Or download one from the Fishing page on this website.

A. No. Possession and/or use of fireworks is prohibited.

A. No. The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows or other weapons is prohibited, except where used for hunting and fishing in remote areas, and in accordance with State Game and Fish regulations. Possession and/or use of explosives of any kind is prohibited.

A. Yes. Pets must be penned, caged or on a leash less than six feet long in developed areas, except where otherwise posted. No pets are allowed at the swimming beach. Horseback riding is not allowed in developed recreation areas. No person shall allow animals to bark or emit noise that unreasonably disturbs others. Exotic animals and livestock are not permitted.

*For a complete list of rules and regulations, click on the EP1165-2-316 link on the Recreation Activities Page of the Greers Ferry Lake web site.