There are 3 designated swimming areas on DeQueen Lake. They are located at Oak Grove, Rolling Fork, and Storey Creek. Users must pay a daily fee of $5 per vehicle or may purchase an annual pass for use of the beaches.
- Never rely on toys such as inner tubes and water wings to stay afloat.
- Don’t take chances by overestimating your swimming skills.
- Swim only in designated swimming areas.
- Never swim alone.
- Never dive into lakes and rivers. Every year in diving accidents more than 8,000 people suffer paralyzing spinal cord injuries and another 5,000 die before they reach the hospital.
- Remember, it only takes a few seconds for a small child to wander away, so please watch your children at all times.
- More than half of all the people that drown have consumed alcohol prior to their accident, so don’t drink alcohol if you are planning to have fun in or on the water.