PLAY IT SAFE ON THE RIVER
1. For your own safety's sake, heed all cautions, warnings and notices!
2. CAUTION: When boating outside of marked navigation channel, watch for underwater objects and shallow water.
3. WARNING: Areas outside the navigation channel immediately above and below the dams are hazardous for small boats and should be avoided.
4. WARNING: Boating is not allowed within 600 feet above and 300 feet below dams.
5. WARNING: Small craft warnings are issued when flows reach 70,000 cubic feet per second.
6. NOTICE: Diving, swimming, and wading are not allowed in Corps operated parks along the Arkansas River Navigation System unless otherwise posted.
7. CAUTION: When winds of 25 MPH or more are forecast or blowing, boaters are cautioned to stay out of open water.
LOCKING PROCEDURE FOR PLEASURE