If you would like to be placed on a mailing list to receive copies of public notices, please contact the Regulatory Branch, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, P. O. Box 867, Little Rock, Arkansas 72203-0867, call (501)324-5295, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and indicate which counties in Arkansas or Missouri you would like to receive public notices.
NOTE: Due to budget cuts and escalating costs in processing and mailing of these public notices, we are requiring email addresses and internet access. Only under special circumstances will we send copies of the public notices via the U. S. Postal Service.
The Public Notices are available in two electronic formats. To read the Public Notice text only (html format), click on the Public Notice number. To view a Public Notice with its drawings, click on the Public Notice link in the attachments box. (*pdf format).
- 9/11/2014: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that Mr. Keith Richardson, Richardson Properties, LLC, 9800 Maumelle Boulevard, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72113,
has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with the construction of a 36-acre residential and commercial development, referred to as Bowman Pointe, in west Little Rock at the northeast corner of Bowman Road and West 36th Street. The proposed project would impact (fill) and relocate approximately 1,398 linear feet of three jurisdictional intermittent streams and 1,632 linear feet of two jurisdictional ephemeral streams for a total of 0.21 acres of waters of the United States. Water flow enters the project area by two ephemeral streams that originate in a residential subdivision immediately north of the project property. These ephemeral streams then flow into the intermittent streams that are primarily fed by small springs and seeps on the property. The intermittent streams flow southward into existing stormwater drains under West 36th Street then east into Brodie Creek, Fourche Creek and then the Arkansas River in northeast Little Rock. The proposed project is located immediately north of West 36th Street, in the NW 1/4 of section 16, T. 1 N., R. 13 W., Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.
Expiration date: 10/6/2014
- 9/10/2014: On January 21, 2010, the Little Rock District Corps of Engineers issued a regional general permit for the repair of levees, creation of dredged material disposal areas, fill of scour holes, and the construction, modification, or maintenance of dikes and revetments. The authority for permit issuance is found in Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344). Corps districts are authorized to develop regional general permits in accordance with Title 33, Code of Federal Regulations Parts 325.2(e)(2) and 325.5(c)(1).
Proposed Reissuance. This regional general permit has proven to be successful in authorizing a minor, noncontroversial category of work that has had no significant individual nor cumulative adverse environmental impacts, and we propose to reissue the regional general permit an additional five (5) years. Six projects have been approved under this regional general permit since January 21, 2010.
Expiration date: 10/6/2014
- 8/20/2014: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that, Mr. Dennis C. Robison, Dennis Robison Trust, 4467 Highway 142, Poplar Bluff, Missouri 63901, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with stream realignment, and the clearing and leveling of wetlands for use in agricultural row crop production. The proposed project is located in an unnamed tributary to Ditch No. 3 and wetlands, in section 35, T. 22 N., R. 4 E., south of Naylor, Ripley County, Missouri.
The basic purpose of the project is to increase agricultural efficiency using large equipment, reducing the necessary fuel and pesticide use. The overall purpose of the project is to increase the amount of land under cultivation by leveling the field and relocating the channel. The project is not water dependent.
Expiration date: 9/10/2014
- 8/20/2014: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that, Mr. Jordan R. Thomas, JRT Farms LLC, 10493 Highway 142, Neelyville, Missouri 63954, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with conversion of 1.6 acres of wooded and herbaceous wetlands to agricultural lands. The proposed project is located in an old channel of an unnamed tributary to Cane Creek Ditch, in the SW ¼ of the NE ¼ of section 12, T. 22 N., R. 5 E., east of Neelyville, Butler County, Missouri.
The basic purpose of the project is to develop level farm land. The overall purpose of the project is to make this agricultural field easier to irrigate and cultivate. The project is not a water dependent activity.
Expiration date: 9/10/2014
- 8/11/2014: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD, PO Box 2261, Little Rock, Arkansas 72203, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with widening U.S. Highway 63, replacing the bridges over the Spring River, Trace Creek and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, and extending the box culverts in Long Run Hollow and an unnamed tributary. The proposed project is located adjacent to and over the Spring River at Mammoth Spring, in sections 8 and 16, T. 21 N., R. 5 W., Fulton County, Arkansas. Total length of the project is approximately 1.9 miles.
The basic purpose of the project is to upgrade the roadway for additional capacity and safety. The overall purpose of the project is to widen the existing roadway and replace three structurally deficient bridges in the Mammoth Spring area. The bridges are water dependent.
Expiration date: 9/5/2014