If you would like to be placed on a mailing list to receive copies of public notices, please contact the Regulatory Branch, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, P. O. Box 867, Little Rock, Arkansas 72203-0867, call (501)324-5295, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and indicate which counties in Arkansas or Missouri you would like to receive public notices.
NOTE: Due to budget cuts and escalating costs in processing and mailing of these public notices, we are requiring email addresses and internet access. Only under special circumstances will we send copies of the public notices via the U. S. Postal Service.
The Public Notices are available in two electronic formats. To read the Public Notice text only (html format), click on the Public Notice number. To view a Public Notice with its drawings, click on the Public Notice link in the attachments box. (*pdf format).
- 2/10/2015: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that, Mr. Mike Churchwell, City of Bentonville, 305 SW A Street, Bentonville, Arkansas 72712, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with the Little Osage Creek Tributary 2 Improvements. The proposed project is located in Tributary 2, sections 31 and 32, T. 19 N., R. 30 W., Bentonville, Benton County, Arkansas.
The basic purpose of the project is channel improvements to reduce flooding. The overall purpose of the project is to construct a concrete trickle channel and replace undersized culverts and bridge structures, necessary for flood control in this area of Bentonville. The project is water dependent.
Expiration date: 3/9/2015
- 2/2/2015: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of the Army (Army) are announcing the withdrawal of an interpretive rule addressing the exemption from permitting provided under section 404(f)(1)(A) of the Clean Water Act (CWA). The agencies want to make clear that the statutory exemption of 404(f)(1)(A) still remains available for use when applicable for discharges of dredged and/or fill material associated with normal farming, silviculture, and ranching activities that are part of an established operation and that do not have as their purpose bringing an area of waters of the U.S. into a use to which it was not previously subject, where the flow or circulation of the waters of the U.S. may be impaired or the reach of such waters be reduced (see 33 CFR 323.4 for more information).
- 1/20/2015: Pursuant to Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 (33 U.S. Code 403) and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that Mr. Gilbert Collins, City of Little Rock Public Works, 701 West Markham Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with the construction of two earthen levees across Old Channel Fourche Creek. Dredged material from the remainder of the channel would be placed between the two levees. The proposed project would impact approximately 0.67 acres of waters of the United States and is located in the Old Channel Fourche Creek, on the right descending bank of the Arkansas River, at Navigation Mile 113.5, in the SE ¼ of section 9, T. 1 N., R. 11 W., Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.
Expiration date: 2/16/2015
- 12/22/2014: Pursuant to Section 404 of the Clean Water Act (33 U.S. Code 1344), notice is hereby given that the City of Conway, 1201 Oak Street, Conway, Arkansas 72032, has requested authorization for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with construction of a four-lane overpass spanning Interstate 40 (I-40) and connecting Elsinger Boulevard to 6th Street in Conway. The four-lane overpass is part of improvements proposed to Highway 64 (Oak Street), intersecting ramps of I-40, and several city roads near I-40 in Conway, Arkansas. The proposed project would impact (fill) and relocate approximately 850 linear feet of a jurisdictional intermittent tributary to Little Creek and fill approximately 0.07 acres of two jurisdictional wetlands for a total impact of 0.27 acres of waters of the United States. Water enters the project area through a jurisdictional channelized intermittent tributary to Little Creek that originates in a residential subdivision located west of the project area. The channelized intermittent stream flows eastward through the project area under I-40 via culverts; turns southeast between the west bound lanes of I-40 and Amity Road as a concrete-lined channelized intermittent stream; and then flows east under Amity Road into an existing stormwater detention basin. From the stormwater detention basin, water flows into Little Creek, Palarm Creek, Lake Conway and finally into the Arkansas River in Faulkner County. The proposed project is located near Exit 127 on I-40, in the NE 1/4 of section 7, T. 5 N., R. 13 W., and the NW 1/4 of section 8, T. 5 N., R. 13 W., Conway, Faulkner County, Arkansas.
Expiration date: 1/16/2015
- 11/26/2014: Consideration of reissuance of a regional general permit for the placement of dredged and fill material in waters of the United States associated with the construction of steps, walkways, or footbridges within the Little Rock District in the States of Arkansas and Missouri.
Expiration date: 12/22/2014