Little Rock District Header Image


Home > Business With Us > Annual Day Use Passes

How to Purchase an Annual Day Use Pass

Collapse All Expand All

The Corps of Engineers was given the authority by the Congress to collect Day Use fees as part of deficit reduction legislation the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. The funds generated from these fees are used to help pay the operation and maintenance costs in the Corps’ recreation program.

  • A fee of $1 per person, but not more than $4 per vehicle, is charged at developed swimming beaches.
  • A fee of $3 is charged at selected boat launching ramps

The maximum Day Use fee to any one vehicle per day is $4.There are no Day Use fees for children under 12 years of age. Registered campers will not pay Day Use fees in addition to camping fees.

Annual passes may be purchased which permit vehicle and accompanying passengers to use all boat launching ramps and swimming beaches at Corps operated areas without further charges. This is a nationwide program. The Golden Age and Golden Access Passports or America the Beautiful Passports will be honored. Access Card Holders are eligible to purchase the Annual Day Use Pass for half price or use Day Use facilities, together with guests, for half the fee. The Annual Day Use Pass is $30. With the Golden Age/Access or America the Beautiful Senior or Disability Passport, it is $15. Access Card Holders have to show up in person to get the discount.

Annual Day Use Passes can be obtained at the Corps lake offices, from Room 7403 of the district headquarters building at 700 West Capitol Ave in Little Rock between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., or via the mail.

Make checks payable to “FAO, USACE, Little Rock,”

USACE, Little Rock District
c/o Chart Sales
P.O. Box 867
Little Rock, AR 72203

Annual Day Use passes must be visibly displayed hanging from the rear view mirror. Rangers will ticket if it is not visible.
Replacements are not available.
You are responsible for its safe keeping.
The passes cannot be laminated.
The passes are only good for a calendar year.

For years the Army Corps of Engineers has participated in the Golden Passport Program, which offered a 50 percent discount on recreation fees to those age 62 and older and those with a permanent disability. However, the passage of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act of 2004 created a new discount program called the America the Beautiful Interagency Pass Program, and this new program was implemented Jan.1. For more information click here

The Golden Passport Program has been discontinued, although all Golden Age and Golden Access Passports issued before Jan. 1 remain valid for the lifetime of the card holder or until the card is lost, stolen or becomes defaced.

The legislation establishing the America the Beautiful program included the National Park Service, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, USDA Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Bureau of Reclamation, but it did not include the Corps of Engineers. Therefore, the Corps cannot sell or issue passes for this program until authorized in future legislation, only those other agencies included in the legislation can.

Nonetheless, though we cannot issue the new passes, the Corps will honor three of the four America the Beautiful passes at our recreation areas and continue to give a 50 percent reduction in day use and camping fees to pass holders.

The Corps will accept the America the Beautiful: Senior Pass for citizens and permanent residents age 62 and over, Access Pass for citizens or permanent residents with an established permanent medical disability and Volunteer Pass. The fourth pass covers entrance fees at national parks and forests. The Corps does not charge entrance fees.

Current Golden Age or Golden Access cardholders who lose, misplace or deface their cards will need to obtain an America the Beautiful Senior or Access Pass from an authorized federal agency to continue to receive discounts at Corps facilities. Also, paper Golden Age and Golden Access Passports may be exchanged free of charge for the new plastic America the Beautiful passes.

The new passes may be obtained in person at USDA Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Reclamation, Bureau of Land Management and Fish and Wildlife Service facilities. For Additional information about the recreation pass program click here or call 1-888-275-8747.